Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FLOOD!!!!!

Well, most of you know we had quite an adventure with the record rain. Hard to believe it was only about a week ago. It was Saturday night and we had about 10 inches of rain in a very short time. I went downstairs and noticed that my feet were getting wet as I walked around. Hmmm.... not quite right! We had about two inches or so in the lower level. We moved everything upstairs that night. Michele and a good friend Sarah (thank you Sarah!!!) moved stuff while I ripped up carpet and matting and shopvacced the water out. It was still pouring in though, so the water kept rising. I had the ladies put on life-jackets just in case. I got the kids up and had them man the pumps. We finally went to bed around 6:30am. the downstairs was empty except for two large pieces of furniture, which I put up on blocks of wood. Quite a mess.
Anytime I became pissy, I would just turn on the news and see people who lost EVERYTHING and had to be evacuated by boat. God Bless them all.


Anyway, the next day I ripped out all the wet drywall and insulation. Cleaned and trashed quite a bit of stuff. I replaced the insulation this past weekend and will start on the drywall this weekend. Ahh, the joys of living in a houseboat. Here is one picture:





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Locations of visitors to this page